Usability= Ease of Use
Here’s how I applied the five quality components of usability to my Blog, once again, taking into account my audience:
- Learn ability – knowing that my instructor is a fan of Apple products, I had selected a design that uses the general look and feel of an apple web page therefore making first time navigation a breeze.
- Efficiency – with familiarity come speed and accuracy which translates to efficiency. The design of my blog achieves this rather quickly as it is a user friendly and quickly recognizable template.
- Memorability – very high chance as many users have apple products or navigated through similar websites, allowing blog viewer to return with ease. Like riding a bicycle!
- Error – Low probability of errors as this blog takes a very linear approach, a fixed side bar and the option to “go back” at any time.
- Satisfaction – Visually appealing with good quality graphics, catchy titles using metaphors, inspirational quotes and great use of color and color contrast.